Re: Updating google contacts data provider

2009/2/24 John Stowers <john stowers gmail com>

2009/2/25 Michael Thompson <michaelnt gmail com>

So should python-gdata be made a dependecy and removed from conduit?

I think this is up to the distribution to decide, they are welcome to patch out the gdata directory if the distribution shipped version is recent enough. That has not always been the case in the past, hence why we have shipped our own copy.

I should probbably update our shipped copy.

Turns out that you can only get a list of "system groups" in version 2.0 of the api and the python bindings for this haven't been released yet. So using the latest api available you could only select address book that have been created in addition to the four standard address books.

So probably not worth updating the api until 2.0 is released, which allegedly might be soon, there is a v2 branch in svn.

Michael