Notes Regarding Packaging

Hi,

Recently conduit gained support for new configure arguments --with-file-impl=[GIO, GnomeVfs, Python]. Support for --with-browser-impl should also be landing soon. This will mean you should no longer have to patch defs.py.in. It should also allow us to enforce minimum versions for these dependant libraries.

I also spent some time cleaning the EOG, Totem and Nautilus extensions for Conduit. I will recommend enabling these by default within the next few days.

Finally, I am finally getting to the point of thinking python-gobject GIO binding is good enough to recommend for everyone. Is there any chance that we could get a build of python-gobject 2.16.1 [1] in our PPA?

John

[1] http://www.daa.com.au/pipermail/pygtk/2009-February/016699.html