Re: Phone Module

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Matthew Vavrek <mattvavrek hotmail com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> so far, I have a (crude) phone module put together, that I have used to load
> my phone with all my contacts and take all the contacts of and put into
> Evolution, but I am working on trying to get it to work better. I have only
> tested it with a cable, but I have a bluetooth dongle coming soon that I
> will test out as well. However, at this point it takes a really long time
> due to the way I am connecting to the phone. I have some quick questions
> about the sync process, which I haven't been able to figure out on my own.
> Is there a function called similar to set_status() that is called at the
> very beginning and the very end? The part that takes the longest is
> connecting to the phone, but at the moment the module connects and
> disconnects with each contact, rather than just at the start and end of the
> sync process.

When you get ready to test bluetooth you might be interested in my
SyncmlModule (see http://github.com/Jc2k/conduit/tree/syncml) - it has
a BluetoothFactory object that only shows paired Bluetooth devices and
they appear/disappear from the UI as they are paired/unpaired.

To connect at the beginning and disconnect at the end the best option
would be to connect in refresh() and disconnect in finish().

> Also, where should I post the code for this module? I haven't used GIT
> before, so I will take a little time to try and figure it out.
>
> Cheers
> Matthew

If you need any Git help i'm in #conduit a lot (as Jc2k)

John C