Re: Xubuntu and SFTP

1. You don't need nautilus, just add the ftp details to ~/.gtk-bookmarks (this is what nautilus does)
If you want to use Nautilus to set up the remote folders on XFCE, use "nautilus --no-desktop".

I'm not sure if there is another way to do it on XFCE, I don't use it that much :\

2. Yes, conduit works fine on my HP Mininote running XFCE.

(Yes, file a bug)