Re: Problems with spaces in file names

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 8:21 PM, John Stowers <john stowers gmail com> wrote:

BTW

This is not normal, and the File abstraction class should actually hide all of this. Its probbably something to do with how URIs are joined, or something like that.

Perhaps it may be worth adding some additional URI manipulation functions to the base File class, that are then delegated to the specific file implementation. Or then again the bug could be somewhere else.

I'll try to look into this problem, maybe I can find the cause. But I'm very short of time too.

John

p.s. I am still waiting on a test for the iPod conversion stuff.....

Just what I was working with. The video conversion tests are in svn, but not if they are succesfully copied to the iPod. I'm trying to see if it fails with more simple situations, them I'll write some tests replicating what I did.
Strangely videos made with the same parameters in ffmpeg played on my iPod, but not if they are transcoded in Conduit. Videos that dont require transcoding should be working, if they dont have spaces in their names ;)

Thanks,
Alexandre