Re: Re: Re: Re: Conduit and google synchronization

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:48 PM, <bielcardona gmail com> wrote:
On Nov 25, 2008 3:39pm, John Stowers <john stowers gmail com> wrote:

> I think that it should be stored either in settings.xml or in the database mapping.db (or some other database), but I have not found it.
> Probably, the best solution would be to keep it in settings.xml,
>
> I prefer to store this in the mapping db. In another table.
>
> John

I pressed 'send' too fast in my last mail... sorry...

I also think that the mapping db should also contain a column identifying to which of the synchronization groups the mapping refers... the way the table is designed I cannot see it... but maybe I am wrong... I don't know how the mappings are used in a sync process.

There is no such thing as a "mapping group" in the DB. A group in the DB is just two dataproviders with the same UIDs. This is by design, if you set up a group, sync, and then delete it. Then you setup the same group and sync again, they will resolve to the same elements in the database because both dataproviders will have the same confguration, and hence the same UID.

John

Regards,

Biel