Re: Module proposal: Conduit for GNOME 2.24

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 15:16 -0400, Adam Schreiber wrote:
> I rather like the idea of conduit.  I just set up some google calendar
> <-> evolution calendar syncs and it worked great.
>
> Since it's taking passwords and storing them, is it using a secure
> method like gnome-keyring?

It was, but I had to take it out due to a crasher in the python gnomevfs
bindings. That has now been fixed, so I will be able to add this back in
this cycle.

>  Also, to sync a second calendar on the
> same account it required me to add the authentication information
> again.  The concept of persistent accounts probably needs to be
> introduced at some point to allow saying sync these 5 google calendars
> from the same acount with these matching evo ones without 5 separate
> conduit groups.
>
> Note: There's a proposed SoC project that wants to create persistent
> accounts in the About Me capplet.

This was discussed briefly with the mugshot folks. The concept of a
centralised 'this is my account details on these services' type thing.
No resolution was ever really reached, so I would be happy if the SOC
project (for example) came and solved these problems for me!