Re: Sync'ing to Box.net

On Feb 1, 2008 6:37 AM, Thomas Van Machelen <thomas vanmachelen gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

2008/2/1 Fraginhell <fraginhell gmail com>:
> Hi Every,
>
> This is really a great project, I'm just starting to see how I can sync a
> folder to my box.net account that I have created, this way I can keep some
> of my tomboy notes / folders sync'd between home and work.

Cool, that's what we're trying to do, yes :-)

>  However I cannot work out how to setup the box.net data provider it simply
> asks for a folder name when I configure the item, where do I, how do I put
> my username password in etc?

Box.net does not allow application developers to login using an api,
when you'll refresh your dataprovider or when you start a sync.  A
browser windows should open (or a new tab in your browser when it's
already running) that will ask you to fill in the credentials on their
website.

After that is done, syncing will start.

Hth,
Thomas