Re: Being good citizens

Hi all,

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 20:04 +1200, John Stowers wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> The API is pretty good, and capable of doing all you suggest. I even
> left a comment on that blog post to indicate as much. See the (as yet
> unfinished) eye of gnome plugin in the tools directory for some
> examples. The actual API is documented at the top of the DBus file. Is
> there any chance you could hack together something to impress pgo
> readers with our fast response?

In attachment you can find a first implementation of a nautilus plugin.
When you right click a folder, a "Synchronize to Flickr" item is added
to the context menu.  If you click it, you can provide a username and
photoset name, press ok; and your files are sync'ed.

What you need:
* python-nautilus; to enable nautilus python extensions
* put the files in the tar under ~/.nautilus/python-extensions
* restart nautilus [1]

What can be done better:
* currently the implementation uses its own glade file; this should
become a ConfigureSink mehtod, just like the export dbus object has
* the entered username and photoset name are not stored yet; so you have
to fill it in each time you want to sync

Both are easy things to do, so don't hesitate if you want to help
out :-)

John, is it ok if i put this under tools folder in trunk?  Feel free to
comment on the code also.

Best Regards,
Thomas

[1] If you want to debug, help, ...  It is easier to do the following
1. mkdir ~/test
2. export TMPDIR=~/test
3. nautilus --no-desktop