Music sync use case

I am seeing hints of what I would love to see from music sync, but
wanted to check if conduit plans to handle this use case.

--
I have a central server of music in flac format. On my laptop I would
like to have a copy of this music, but not as flac but a much smaller

This would be nice for iPods/PDAs too.
--

Is this type of thing included in the plans for conduit? I have seen
mentions of media conversion through gstreamer, a headless conduit, and

-Paul