Re: New Google Calendar Module

On 9/3/07, Paul Novotny <paul novotny gmail com> wrote:
Here is a much improved Google Calendar Module. I included a patch to
EvolutionModule.py that uses the new changes to evolution-python for
vtimezones. Let me know if I am not following conventions, submitted the
patch incorrectly, etc...

I have applied the patch with a small modification. I increased the evolution-python version check to 0.0.4 and increased evo pythons version accordingly. You will need to svn update.

I have also committed the GoogleModule to svn also. Thanks a lot, its looking really promising.

Again, I wouldn't use this for important data, although I think I got
most things to work. The only thing I know doesn't work is recur
exceptions. So if you edit/delete one instance of a recurring event,
this won't be handled properly.

Thats cool. I (or Jc2k) will need to test this with some other scenarios, ipods etc, and see how it likes the new ical format (VCALENDR and VEVENT). Style wise the new module looks good. As yours is the largest dp contributed from another developer, I would be interesting in hearing your thoughts about the dataprovider API in general.

Thanks a lot

John

-Paul