Re: [Opensync-devel] Ubuntu UDS-Boston, Syncing solutions

Hi,

On 10/31/07, Daniel Gollub <dgollub suse de> wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007, John Stowers wrote:
> > --> How can we use HAL to encapsulate the sync capabilities of a
> > device. Such as have fields in FDI files that describe a mobilie
> > device as having "Notes", "Contact", etc data to sync
> That would be indeed very intersting. But i hope you agree that we don't want
> to create tons of separated FDI files to list all the device capabilities.
> Only because of the  reason it's easy...

I'd like to put few words in here. Similiar information is extremly
important for all apps of phone manager category (regardless if it is
based on gnokii, gammu or some other libgsm). In phone managers we
would need much more detailed information to know which capabilities
are available to the user. I am already thinking at this topic, so if
there are already some other thoughts made, I'd be happy to discuss
(and implement!) them.

take care,
pkot
--