HAL Information on the wiki

This is just a quick FYI for all those lovely syncing people:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SyncIntegration/HalDesign

I've had no complaints and John Carr seems to like the direction; please reply with any comments or corrections.

All syncing hardware should move in this direction, with a hal fdi file which clearly fills in all the required information and allows the clients to get on with being generic syncing platforms instead of having to manage each of the devices themselves. I will be maintaining the barry hal intergration and these files will be installed on an ubuntu machine with the barry-tools package. I may have it set up so that ubuntu asks the user if he wants these packages installed when you plug the device in, depending on the reception we get in MOTU.

Best Regards, Martin Owens