Re: Google Calendar

It's definitely worth it. The opensync integration still has hurdles to
overcome and will only be a soft dependency to start with... So if
opensync is there Conduit will try to use it, but if it isnt then no
biggie.

For something like google calendar we don't want to have to make the user
go and compile opensync and a collection  of plugins when we can ship a
native dataprovider that will no do integrate better with the GUI.

Depending on how far it is, this will almost certainly be suitable for
inclusion in a release before Opensync integration is ready.

I second this view.

A native dataprovider written in python for conduit will be easier to work on and maintain at this stage. Go ahead and email your dataprovider to the list and we will take a look!