Re: Google Calendar

Hi Paul

> Hello conduit project. I have been looking around at this project and
> like what I see. Excellent work so far.

Thanks a lot, we aim to please! ;)

> I have been toying with a google calendar dataprovider. I used google's
> gdata python bindings and it seems to be working. Is this worth
> contributing? I realize that google calendar might be coming with the
> open-sync integration, but I thought I would try it anyways.

It's definitely worth it. The opensync integration still has hurdles to
overcome and will only be a soft dependency to start with... So if
opensync is there Conduit will try to use it, but if it isnt then no
biggie.

For something like google calendar we don't want to have to make the user
go and compile opensync and a collection  of plugins when we can ship a
native dataprovider that will no do integrate better with the GUI.

Depending on how far it is, this will almost certainly be suitable for
inclusion in a release before Opensync integration is ready.

> Oh, BTW, EvoCalendarTwoWay is giving weird TZIDs for recurring events.
> Well weird to someone with one week of experience in iCal. For example:
>
> DTEND;TZID=/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20070227_6/America/New_York:20070816T190000
> DTSTART;TZID=/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20070227_6/America/New_York:20070816T180019
>
> Google doesn't understand these TZID and assumes they are GMT. If the
> TZID is changed to:
>
> DTEND;TZID=America/New_York:20070816T190000
> DTSTART;TZID=America/New_York:20070816T180019
>
> everything works fine. Is this a bug?

Can't really comment on this - as far as I know that is what Evolution
would give. I'm not sure how, but can you export an ical directly from
Evolution and see if it has the same problem?

Thanks for your comments and work on the Google cal dataprovider :-)