Re: Coaster-devel looking to help

Hey Mark,

> I'm looking to help in the development of Coaster, but I'm not exactly
> sure where to concentrate my work.  I've submitted 2 patches (closing
> bugs #166788 and #166789).  I know Bryan is working on audio support.
> Is anyone else working on large-ish additions to Coaster like this?

I've gotten your bugzilla report and I have these patches applied to my
local copy.  The next release of Coaster (beginning of May with audio
support) will have these patches.  I need to get around to closing those
bugs ;).

> Is anyone working on something and would like some help?  Are there other
> things that I could be working on?

If you would like, please take a look at libburn.  I'd like to get HAL
support into it, put Joliet support into its libisofs (it's been
written, I just have to patch it in), and fix some endianness issues on
PowerPC (when you create an in-memory iso and write that directly to the
disc writer, it won't mount; however writing from an iso from the
filesystem works).  Also, taking out all the C++ namespace stuff that
wraps the C functions is high priority for me.

> What remains for Coaster to become a full CD-burning solution?

I'd like to drop the nautilus-burn dependency.  It's a pain and it uses
cdrecord/mkisofs/etc.  If we can totally depend on libburn, we'd be set.

> Does anyone have any arch-repositories set up that I can pull code from
> for testing / playing around purposes?

I have a repo set up on my laptop, but my web provider doesn't allow
apache to list directory contents, so I can't mirror it on my own
server.  Hopefully in the next two weeks, I'll have a beta of the audio
stuff that people can test.

> I'll be going to GUADEC, are any other Coaster contributors going?

I know that I'm not.  I have no money and no time.  One of these years
I'm going to go ;).

Bryan Forbes
bryan reigndropsfall net
http://www.reigndropsfall.net

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."
        - Samuel Adams, an architect of the Constitution

Key fingerprint = 3D7D B728 713A BB7B B8B1  5B61 3888 17E0 70CA 0F3D