Re: Deprecated cogl_set_source_color4ub() in pick()

Hi;

On 4 April 2016 at 13:56, Jiří Techet <techet gmail com> wrote:

What should be used instead of the deprecated call?

You'll likely need the 2.0 experimental Cogl API that Clutter itself uses.

My first question would, on the other hand, be: why are you trying to
define a non-rectangular pick shape?

libchamplain supports various markers displayed on the map. These markers
can be clicked, drag-and-dropped etc. so they have to be pickable and can
have various shapes (one for instance looks like a rounded rectangle with a
tick pointing to the given point on the map).

As I assume the markers are textures, can you not use a texture mask, instead?

Create a pipeline for picking, reusing the texture with a different
blend function and then use the pick color as the combined color.

Something like this:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/clutter/tree/clutter/deprecated/clutter-texture.c#n600

and:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/clutter/tree/clutter/deprecated/clutter-texture.c#n661

It's probably a bit more complicated than drawing the path twice, but
at least it would avoid clobbering the stencil buffer using the path
API.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--