Re: Deprecated cogl_set_source_color4ub() in pick()

Hi;

On 2 April 2016 at 12:12, Jiří Techet <techet gmail com> wrote:

for some time I've been getting the following warning during libchamplain
compilation:

champlain-point.c: In function 'pick':
champlain-point.c:151:3: warning: 'cogl_set_source_color4ub' is deprecated
(declared at /usr/include/cogl/cogl/cogl1-context.h:675)
[-Wdeprecated-declarations]
   cogl_set_source_color4ub (color->red,
   ^

This is used in the pick() implementation as suggested by the clutter
documentation (which should probably be updated):

https://developer.gnome.org/clutter-cookbook/stable/actors-non-rectangular.html

The cookbook is meant to be used with pretty much the whole of the 1.0
API; the API is deprecated, but won't ever be removed at this point.

What should be used instead of the deprecated call?

You'll likely need the 2.0 experimental Cogl API that Clutter itself uses.

My first question would, on the other hand, be: why are you trying to
define a non-rectangular pick shape?

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--