Re: Broken links on website and wiki

Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> writes:
there should be re-directs in place, but I'll make sure to update the
website with the new links, thanks.

Thank you. Looks much better now :-)

the canonical documentation for Clutter is on
https://developer.gnome.org — namely:

  • the C API reference: https://developer.gnome.org/clutter/
  • the Clutter Cookbook:
  https://developer.gnome.org/clutter-cookbook/

Thanks for the links, I will review those. I’ve a game project
running[1] in which the team is currently thinking about moving away
from CEGUI for the game UI and we are investigating alternative
libraries. So this is how I came to the Clutter website and found this
broken links, although the Git commit log showed some activity. So I
thought I needed to drop you an email to improve the situation :-)

while Clutter is not dead per se (I still do releases, fix bugs,
review patches, and add new API), it's certainly less active than it
was before.

Good to know. Thank you.

the Clutter roadmap is stalled because there won't be a 2.0 release,
so all the API-incompatible changes planned for that milestone won't
happen. only API and ABI compatible changes are allowed, which does
not mean that some stuff cannot be implemented, but it does block
other features.

Ok.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

Thank you for your comprehensive answer. Keep up your work!

Vale,
Quintus

[1]: https://github.com/Secretchronicles/TSC

--
Blog: http://www.quintilianus.eu

I will reject HTML emails.     | Ich akzeptiere keine HTML-Nachrichten.

Use GnuPG for mail encryption: | GnuPG für Mail-Verschlüsselung:
http://www.gnupg.org           | http://gnupg.org/index.de.html