Re: Broken links on website and wiki

hi;

On 23 December 2014 at 22:16, Quintus <quintus quintilianus eu> wrote:

it appears that the site structure on the GNOME wiki has changed,
breaking the wiki links both on the Clutter website and in the wiki. The
links miss the "Projects/" directory in the URL.

there should be re-directs in place, but I'll make sure to update the
website with the new links, thanks.

The links to the wiki (both main link and roadmap link) on this page are broken:

  http://blogs.gnome.org/clutter/contribute/

The wiki link in the sidebar (under “blogroll”) is broken.

All the links on the tutorial page are broken:

  https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Clutter/Tutorial

On this topic, is the tutorial still applicable or is it outdated?

I honestly all but forgot about the existence of a Vala tutorial on
the wiki. I did not write it, and apparenly it's not really
maintained.

the canonical documentation for Clutter is on
https://developer.gnome.org — namely:

  • the C API reference: https://developer.gnome.org/clutter/
  • the Clutter Cookbook: https://developer.gnome.org/clutter-cookbook/

The roadmap page (https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Clutter/Roadmap) lists
a target date in 2012. Please adjust this, it makes the project look
dead.

while Clutter is not dead per se (I still do releases, fix bugs,
review patches, and add new API), it's certainly less active than it
was before.

my current effort is to bring the Clutter API inside GTK — i.e. GSK:
https://www.bassi.io/articles/2014/07/29/guadec-2014-gsk/

the Clutter roadmap is stalled because there won't be a 2.0 release,
so all the API-incompatible changes planned for that milestone won't
happen. only API and ABI compatible changes are allowed, which does
not mean that some stuff cannot be implemented, but it does block
other features.

Similarly, the front page -- http://blogs.gnome.org/clutter/ -- has the
newest entry dated to 2012. Also makes the project look dead.

yeah, I'm pretty bad at updating the website, as you may have noticed. :-)

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
http://www.bassi.io