Expressing the desired stacking of *Action-managed actors

Good day, folks;

Given two actors -- a parent, and a child -- both reactive and having
certain ClutterActions attached (say, PanAction and DragAction) --

is there a way to have the parent to conditionally pass the event
through to the child, depending on whether the gesture is within the
child?  So that the DragAction is activated, when the child is dragged,
with PanAction taking over otherwise.

I imagine that a brute-force approach with manual filtering of events is
entirely doable, but even so, I'm not sure where to start..

And preferably, it'd be something automagic : -)

--
regards,
Samium Gromoff