using non-default icons in MX applications

Hi,

I am trying to run the default mx-window sample in tests provided with standard mx setup.

./tests/test-window

this runs fine on my x86 setup, but when i port it to the ARM setup it does not show any icon and no toolbar is displayed.

I debugged it a bit, but am confused where can i put all the icon PNGs for this application to look at on my ARM target.
There is a custom path to read/write area on the ARM target and i want to set that path for search_paths

at present I am setting
g_list_append(priv->search_paths,"/<my_icon_file_path>");
in
mx_icon_theme_theme_load_icon()

Initially i tried setting this in mx_icon_theme_set_search_paths() for setting the paths, but it never got called.

So I have two questions:
1. Is mx_icon_theme_set_search_paths() never used (except in case of finalize).
2. How can I force an application to use the icons that come with mx installation (ones in "share/data/style")

Using Mx-1.4.1

--
Mahesh