kinetic scrolling

Hello all,

Maybe I've hit a bug or maybe I am doing something wrong, so I thought
I'd report it here first.

I am using Clutter 1.12 and have the following actor structure:

  * ClutterActor scroll_view --- ClutterPanAction pan_action (X_AXIS only)
    - ClutterActor content
      + ClutterActor item1
        o ClutterTexture image1
      + ClutterActor item2
        o ClutterTexture image2
      + ...
      + ClutterActor item5
        o ClutterTexture image5

The scroll_view size is 900x90, content is 1200x90.

I have also connected a callback to the "pan" signal to return FALSE if
content's right-side tries to pass scroll_view's right-side in the right
directoin and vice versa for the left-sides.

Now, this all seems to work fine.  You can swoosh the content actor around;
CLUTTER_SHOW_FPS shows 60fps.  But now the problem:  when you start to
pan very slowly (like 30px/s) the fps rate drops to 5 and the panning
starts to stutter and I cannot think of the reason.
It almost seems that the animation updates slow as the velocity decreases.

I've reproduced the problem with examples/pan-action by enlarging its
stage to 1920x1080.  It's not so bad, the framerate only drops to 30fps,
but is still visible.

Another curious thing: my "pan" signal handler prints dx values around
0.09 and such, while in the case of example/pan-action they are usually
1.00, 2.00, 3.00 and such and only drop below 1.00 in the interpolated
stage.  Maybe this is related? To many signals are being emitted?

Paul

P.S. I tried to use MxKineticScrollView, but I couldn't get it to work
  as the content just seem to disappear as soon as I set it as a child?
  There also seem to be almost no examples around.

--
Web: http://paul.luon.net/home/      | E-mail: paul luon net
Jabber/GTalk: paul luon net          | GnuPG key ID: 0x50064181