Help on creating evdev touch-screen driver

Hi,

I am building a touch-screen driver for evdev. I see a similar work for
Android, but it is OS-specific, and therefore cannot be used on a generic
Linux.

It is developed on a Beagleboard and Angstrom Linux, using Clutter-1.12.2.
Currently I have a minimal working version. Because the input device gives
raw, hardware-specific values  for coordinates, we need to calibrate it. Where
to store the calibration data and what is the preferred calibration procedure?
Currently i have a hardwired calibration for my device, only for testing.

Currently, tslib has good solutions for this, and there is an old driver for
it, but it is treated as deprecated. Why we don't use it?

My work can be accessed at git://git.teledigit.eu/devel/clutter+touch.git

Regards
György Kövesdi