Re: Wayland: EGL_ALPHA_SIZE in egl_attributes_from_framebuffer_config()

On 8 December 2013 16:15, Richard G. Roman <rits rits hu> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu tomeuvizoso net> wrote:

On 4 December 2013 10:37, Richard G. Roman <rits rits hu> wrote:

I really depleted my resources available for this (e.g., I cannot afford to
learn about what framebuffers are, how they are used, etc). For my own
purposes, I'll use the tiny patch I mentioned in my original e-mail, i.e.
hardcoding alpha size to 1 if we're on Wayland.

Hi Richard, just wanted to point out something that looks fishy in my patches:

https://github.com/tomeuv/userland/blob/wayland/interface/khronos/ext/egl_wayland.c#L62

As you can see WL_DISPMANX_FORMAT_ABGR8888 and VC_IMAGE_RGBA32 have
different pixel layouts, at least from the contant names.

I don't know what's the correct conversion as there's no public
documentation about the VideoCore side of things, and common sense is
quite limited there.

Maybe that's wrong and you could submit a patch to my github branch in
case you find a fix? The engineer that Broadcom has assigned to help
RPi reads those.

Thanks,

Tomeu