Re: Wayland: EGL_ALPHA_SIZE in egl_attributes_from_framebuffer_config()

On 4 December 2013 10:37, Richard G. Roman <rits rits hu> wrote:

- is it possible that the Raspberry Pi code has a bug? In this case, shall
we simply add a workaround?

It could very well be a bug in this EGL implementation, unfortunately.
Though I remember trying out some clutter and cogl examples during
development and don't remember the colors being off.

See here for how the EGL side negotiates the framebuffer config:

https://github.com/tomeuv/userland/blob/wayland/interface/khronos/egl/egl_client_cr.c#L268

I would recommend to look at the userland.git sources in the same way
as you did for clutter/cogl. I did very limited testing of this and
could very well be a bug on my code. Note though that the meat of the
GL stack is implemented in "the other side": the VideoCore. But the
config negotiation I think is all done in the CPU side.

- in general, do you have a guide on how to contribute to cogl/clutter
library? Or shall we just submit patches here?

Clutter is part of GNOME, so
https://live.gnome.org/Git/Developers#Contributing_patches

And Cogl prefers patches in its mailing list:

Will try to give it a try during the next few days, but I'm focused
right now on other stuff and I'm not sure when I will find time.

Good luck,

Tomeu

Thanks,
Richard