Re: Clutter GST crash with Python

Hey,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 08:41:49PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
Hi,

On 10/22/2012 07:54 PM, Dirk Meyer wrote:
How can I hook into this with gdb running a Python program? Anyway, I

Usually I just run gdb this way:

gdb --args python testcase.py

Just make sure you installed the *-dbg packages of clutter, clutter-gst
and pygobject.

reduced my code to a very small snippet und it still crashes. This time with

(python:23263): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
Trying to dispose element pipeline, but it is in READY instead of the
NULL state.
You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.
This problem may also be caused by a refcounting bug in the
application or some element.

Can anyone reproduce the problem?

No, works for me (with clutter and clutter-gst master and a fairly
recent pygobject checkout)

I want to test the latest clutter and clutter-gst releases compiled
myself, but I do not want to mess up my system (gnome shell requires a
working clutter). Installating everything in an extra directory is easy,
changing the library path, too. But how can I tell gi to search for the
gir files in another directory?

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and GI_TYPELIB_PATH should be enough

So long

:wq buz
--
Security is an exercise in applied paranoia.

GnuPG Fingerprint: 2FFF FC48 C7DF 1EA0 00A0  FD53 8C35 FD2E 6908 7B82