Re: Clutter Vs CSS3

On 12/13/2012 01:31 PM, mahesh gawali wrote:
I am trying to create a _javascript_ wrapper for Clutter APIs.

Why create a wrapper if you already have automatic generated bindings thanks to gobject introspection [1]? GNOME Shell [2] UI is written on _javascript_, and can make clutter calls using _javascript_ without problems (example [3])

I was wondering if it would be wise to do so given CSS3 does most of the animation that clutter provides.

Does anyone have any inputs on this? Will a JS wrapper of Clutter be useful in creating exciting webapps than CSS3?

Not sure how do you plan to make Clutter calls from a webapp, but in any case, see my previous comment.

BR

[1] https://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection
[2] https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell
[3] http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell/tree/js/ui/dash.js#n75