Re: chronojump 3.0

Hello Xavi,  I tried the instructions below the port used is COM 4.  I have emailed the list but no reply as yet.  When the software asks to connect to chronopic, the black screen has "connected" then it shows the word "dying"... I have tried it on a computer with vista, the software doesn't load after the first installation.  Would appreciate your input
------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: "Xavi de Blas" <xaviblas gmail com>

Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:43:09
To:"For Chronojump users (english, spanish)" <chronojump-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: chronojump 3.0

Hello, i answer on chronojump-list because it's the purpose for this
kind of emails and you are subscribed. I hope there's no
inconvenience.

If i understood you question, Chronopic3 gets its power from the USB,
there's no need of power supply

you need to discover the usb chronopic port. I have to translate this
somewhere because it's really important and it's only in the manual
(spanish). I will put in the program.

On Windows, when chronojump is installed (the usb-driver is
installed), do the following:
1.- click with the right button on "MyPC" icon at desktop
2.- select "properties"
3.- go to hardware
4.- select "administrate hardware" or "adminstrate dispositives" (or
something similar in english, in spanish is "administrador de
dispositivos"). Please, tell me how is named
5.-Click on the '+' at left of COM & LPT ports
6.- The portname will be what it's written like COM? on the USB-serial
line. Eg: if it's written COM7, then you should write COM7 at the
preferences of chronojump

This has to be only done one time. But sometimes when a new hardware
is installed, port names change.

I hope it helps, if you want to answer me, please answer to the list

Thanks, bye!