Re: Chronojump on Maemo (Nokia 770 / Nokia 800) status, problems and screenshots!!

More on the USB HOST thing:

*CABLES*
I found this cables & hubs interesting:
http://www.hcilab.org/projects/nokia770/nokia770.htm
http://tabletblog.com/2006/01/usb-power-injector-2.html
http://tabletblog.com/2006/01/no-solder-usb-host-method.html

but finally i bought this 3 things from pearl france (pearl.fr)
http://nokia770.ldeweb.net/blog/index.php?2006/05/04/39-cable-usb-host-pearl

Prices:

PE3324	ADAPTATEUR USB COUDE	2.90 €
PE4477	BOITIER CHARGEUR A PILES USB AA	4.90 €
TG1070	CABLE USB DOUBLE	3.90 €
Total: 11,7 €
Send to spain: 19,50€
TOTAL: 31,20€

the most difficult thing was to put a telephone that was accepted on
the new user form. Finally i put: 0 6xx xxx xxx
without the +34 or 0034 spanish codes

*ENABLING USB HOST*
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3013&highlight=usb+host
"you have to do in root mode:

to enable host mode
echo host > sys/devices/platform/tahvo-usb/otg_mode
/etc/init.d/ke-recv restart

to enable peripheral mode:
echo peripheral > sys/devices/platform/tahvo-usb/otg_mode
/etc/init.d/ke-recv restart

(one thing, this only work if you put in peripheral mode via the
flasher utility, then it works all the time without reflashing it)

and this works for me.

I made two scripts and I run them with the cpu mem aplet. If anybody
want, I can post them."

I will write with more info when i receive the cables