Re: OPW candidate

Hi Shipra

On 2014-09-21 18:12, Shipra Banga <bangashipra gmail com> wrote:
This is Shipra Banga, a software developer and enthusiast. I want to apply
for this year's OPW and want to contribute in this project.
Any idea with where should I start? What are the project ideas for Cheese
for this upcoming OPW round?

An ongoing idea for Cheese is to implement the latest design ideas:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Cheese

This involves moving the photo and video galleries to the canvas, and moving some controls to the header bar at the top of the window. For this, you would need some knowledge of UI programming with GTK+ and Clutter, as well as experience of C and Vala (a C#-like language used for the Cheese UI).

Andrew Greig's idea of a printing feature is also a good one, and you can also find some open bugs which might interest you:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=cheese&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

There is not much that is particularly small, so if you are not experienced with GNOME technologies then it might make sense to try a different project with a shallower learning curve.

--
http://amigadave.com/