Re: Contribution to cheese

Hi Tejas

Please see my replies below.

On 2013-02-28 22:40, Tejas Nikumbh <tejasnikumbh gmail com> wrote:
Hi guys!

I got to know from one of the maintainers that this is the official
dev-mailing list for cheese.

Correct!

…
How can I start contributing to Cheese?

A good way might be to look at the open bug list:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=cheese&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

This should give you some ideas on where to focus your effort. You may also be interested in the proposed Cheese redesign:

https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Cheese

In more general terms, to begin developing with Cheese, you probably want to download and install jhbuild:

https://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild

Use it to build Cheese with:

jhbuild build cheese

This way, you can make changes to Cheese and test them, without affecting your regular system (and using the most recent dependencies).

Will I be able to continue working on this module as a part of GSoC  2013?
What I mean here is, will this be a part of the gnome project ideas for
GSoC 2013?

I should be available to mentor a student this summer, so I would say "yes". Although I could draft a proposal, if you have a specific topic that you would like to contribute to, I think it would be best if you made the proposal, as it would then be more tailored to your idea. I am happy to give some guidance on the proposal.

Good luck!

--
http://amigadave.com/