Re: cheese settings

On Ubuntu 12.04 I have cheese 3.4.1 installed.
I'd say it uses dconf configuration system for storing settings.
The settings can be managed by the gsettings command line tool
(see http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/en/man1/gsettings.1.html).

To list all cheese settings invoke:
gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.Cheese

To reset all cheese settings invoke:
gsettings reset-recursively org.gnome.Cheese

Also, you can use the dconf-editor GUI tool (not installed by default
on Ubuntu 12.04) and look for the settings under the /apps/cheese
branch.

See more at
http://askubuntu.com/questions/22313/what-is-dconf-and-what-is-its-function-and-how-do-i-use-it

It seems that previous versions of cheese used GConf system for
storing settings (see more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GConf).

Hope this helps.

-- rpr.