Re: Briefly display photo fullscreen after it has been taken

Am 09.04.2012 04:29, schrieb Joshua Lutes:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to make a photo booth for an upcoming wedding. I really like
> Cheese and it does almost everything I would like it to! The only thing
> that might be nice is if it would display the just taken photo fullscreen
> for two or three seconds so that the guests have a little chance to view
> it. I downloaded the source code but I am sort of at sea. Does anybody have
> any pointers on which files I might go to start implementing this feature?
> Any ideas on how feasible this is to do? Thanks!
>
> Joshua.

Hi,
i'm not 100% sure, but you need to set
"block-after-capture, TRUE" on gstreamers camerabin element in cheese.

here is part of description from camerabin:

  /**
   * GstCameraBin:block-after-capture:
   *
   * Block viewfinder after capture.
   * If it is TRUE when 'capture-start' is issued, camerabin will prepare to
   * block and freeze the viewfinder after capturing. Setting it to
FALSE will
   * abort the blocking if it hasn't happened yet, or will enable again the
   * viewfinder if it is already blocked. Note that setting this property
   * to TRUE after 'capture-start' will only work for the next capture. This
   * makes possible for applications to set the property to FALSE to abort
   * the current blocking and already set it back to TRUE again to block at
   * the next capture.
   *
   * This is useful if application wants to display the preview image
   * and running the viewfinder at the same time would be just a waste of
   * CPU cycles.
   */

currently i have no time to play with it. So you will need to dicover it
by your self.
--
Regards,
Oleksij