Re: Design Diagrams

On 2011-11-03 15:00, David Descoteaux <ddes310 yahoo com> wrote:
To All,

We've been tasked with running our sample architecture diagrams through the community to get feedback on them. As of right now, we're only looking at the effect filters for Cheese, so our diagrams aren't complete and / or fully representative of the program as a whole.

It is difficult to give feedback on the diagrams without some context; a short description for each diagram would be useful. One of the diagrams mentions UI concepts (menus, button) so could be improved with a UI mockup, which would make the locations of the UI widgets in your diagram more obvious.

Another of the diagrams mentions GStreamer and some of the GStreamer plugin packages, and it would make sense to break the packages down to the individual plugins that are used, as you are trying to show where your ‘effect’ fits into the GStreamer pipeline.

You may want to try building Cheese from git master (making sure to pass --enable-gtk-doc to configure), as I have made significant improvements to the private and public API documentation over the last fortnight. Alternatively, you may want to just clone the repository and read the source code comments directly. This should help with understanding how Cheese links effects to the image preview, how UI actions are handled and so on.

Any criticisms, feedback, or ideas would be appreciated by our team.

Signed,
David

--
http://amigadave.com/