Re: Cheese python binding

> At first I'd say to create a cheese branch in a git hosting site like
> gitorious.org (not that I have anything against launchpad but it's
> better to use git for this right from the beginning so it will be
> easier to merge changes later). This way I can review your changes and
> import them when they are ready. Later we could also talk about
> getting you a GNOME account and letting you push your changes directly
> in cheese.

Ok ,for this working way

> I've created a cheese project at http://gitorious.org/cheese. If you
> already have an account there just let me know your user name and I'll
> give you commit rights. If you don't go create it and let me know ;-)

I just created it : usename nicoinattendu

> About the gobject-introspection thing. As far as I know it will be the
> new blessed way of doing python bindings but it's still experimental.
> Using pygi would have the big advantage of just adding annotations in
> the source code and some makefile rule and get bindings for most of
> the important languages for free.
>

> If you feel more confortable and already obtained working results with
> the pygtk way I'm fine, we don't have any gobject-support right now,
> we will add support for pygi when we'll add gobject-introspection
> annotations for the other languages.

I'm reading doc on gobject-introspection. A bit fuzzy at this time.
But in final it looks like  the 'future' way. so go with it

With the pygtk way I have some working things, but all the
configure/Makefile stuff remains hassle.

> I'm not sure if there's any need for a separate project, a python/
> directory in cheese source code would be enough.

OK
> About libcheese, I wanted to export libcheese-common stuff since some
> time, I'm not sure if it would be better to include them in a separate
> -common library or just export them into cheese-gtk. Probably the
> second choice would be the easiest (we already did it for
> CheeseCameraDeviceMonitor, we could just do it for CheeseCameraDevice
> too), I'll probably commit something by this morning.

For CheeseCameraDevice and CheeseCamera  ? CheeseCamera is nice for
changing the webcam, take snapshots and so on.