cheese three zero

hello cheese developers, contributors, users and ice cream eaters!

gnome 3.0 is coming nearer and as cheese in its current state isnt that
customizable or enhancable, we had the thought of doing a cheese three
zero, which should get our lives easier.

the basic idea is to split cheese into 2 parts:

a) libcheese, which does all the webcam handling, the gstreamer
pipeline, effects and of course taking photos and videos.
b) cheese-ui will then just use libcheese to build its ui on top of it.

so far, we are quite similar to the current state. however, we would
like to have libcheese included in empathy, gnome-about-me etc. its not
that clear to us, how that will look like, but its the idea that counts.

libcheese however will be written in c. cheese-ui definitely in another
language. the current favourite seems to be vala right now.

please visit
http://live.gnome.org/Cheese/ThreeZero
to get an overview of our thoughts at the current moment. it would be
very great to receive some feedback about those ideas, about new ideas
and of course we would be more than pleased if somebody would like to
help us.

daniel

--
this mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons
daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gnome org>