new webcam?

Hi,

I should have clarified more on the situation. An older version of
Cheese (the one in Ubuntu's Gutsy repository) I am able to take
snapshots but not video. I downloaded the latest version to see if I
can get video to work. Updated gstreamer and a few other libraries. At
one point it ran but did not detect the webcam. Showing the old school
TV test signal. I played around with it a bit last night but at this
point I only get crashes. When I get back home I can bundle up the
stderr output and a stack trace. Should I include anything else?

-Zenko

--
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much
liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.