Re: Cheese Can't Start

On Do, 2008-01-17 at 06:22 -0600, David Greengas wrote:
> Elaine Xiong wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I download cheese 2.21.5 and build it , meantime download
> > gstreamer0.10.15/gstreamer-plugins-base0.10.15/gstreamer-plugins-good0.10.6
> > and build and install. Everything looks ok. But When I run Cheese -v I
> > get the following  msg,
> >
> > device: /dev/video0
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > My webcam is Logitech QuickCam for Notebook which complies with V4L2
> > SPEC, and works well with Ekiga with V4L2 plugin.
> >
> > I guess it's related to V4L2 plugin of gstreamer since there is only V4L
> > plugin in gstreamer-plugins-base. I don't know if there should be V4L2
> > plugin supported in gstreamer-plugin. Anyway gstreamer-properties shows
> > no V4L2 plugin in video tab.
> >
> > My system is Ubuntu 7.10 - the Gusty Gibbon
> >
> > Any idea with this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Best Regards,
> > Elaine
> >
> Elaine,
>
> When you configure gstreamer-plugins-good choose --enable-experimental
> as part of the autobuild options. This will enable v4l2.

thanks, david for replying!

elaine, it would be nice if you could report your problem on the
bugzilla system, if you havent done so far. ->
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=cheese

i think there are some similar bugs over there, and you can look out for
your camera.

beside the cheese -v output, we would like to have a debug output, which
you can generate using "gdb cheese"

thanks!

daniel