Re: Cheese Can't Start

Elaine Xiong wrote:
Hi,

I download cheese 2.21.5 and build it , meantime download
gstreamer0.10.15/gstreamer-plugins-base0.10.15/gstreamer-plugins-good0.10.6
and build and install. Everything looks ok. But When I run Cheese -v I
get the following  msg,

device: /dev/video0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

My webcam is Logitech QuickCam for Notebook which complies with V4L2
SPEC, and works well with Ekiga with V4L2 plugin.

I guess it's related to V4L2 plugin of gstreamer since there is only V4L
plugin in gstreamer-plugins-base. I don't know if there should be V4L2
plugin supported in gstreamer-plugin. Anyway gstreamer-properties shows
no V4L2 plugin in video tab.

My system is Ubuntu 7.10 - the Gusty Gibbon

Any idea with this?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Elaine