Re: Hildonizing Cheese

On Mi, 2008-02-20 at 19:37 +0100, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Aditya Vishwakarma
> <adi vishwakarma gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am Aditya Vishwakarma, aged 20. A student enrolled in Information
> > Technology course at NSIT, dwarka, Delhi, India.
> >
> > I am working on porting Cheese to work on MIDs ( Moblin Internet devices).
> > The cheese version which i am currently working is 0.2.3.
> >  Currently I am working on merging the photo/video button and other general
> > improvements to the cheese UI.
> >
> > I am facing a segfault and need a little help.
> > The segfault occurs at line 107 of cheese-command-handler.c
> > (cheese_command_handler_move_to_trash () ) when i try to delete a picture
> > from the thumbnail row. maybe it's due to the ported code. Would really like
> > some help and direction.
> >
> Hi Aditya,
>
> Great that you are working on this. I would advise you to use cheese
> from SVN or the latest tarball 2.21.91. The code is better structured
> in these version and you can reuse probably much more code

yeah, please do that. jaap did a great work over my crappy code, cheese
is now much more stable than in the old days.

you may want to contact matthew garret or the ubuntu mobile team as they
already have ported cheese to the hildon platform and the n800. i dont
know if this is related to you, but maybe you give a try.

daniel