Re: I think we should add more effects as well as backgrounds

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 18:46 -0700, Azeem Khan wrote:
> The effects are already really cool, but what I think we should add is
> backgrounds like Apple has in photobooth. If I get a pic from NASA of
> Mars I want to send my friends a pic of me on Mars.

definitely ;)

> Also, why can't we have effects that only effect the person? Apple
> seems to have that right. If I had a picture of a city, I could set
> that as the background and then give only my body the hulk effect so I
> look like some sort of mutant. That would be really cool.
>
> Allow us to use any pic we want (and possibly preload some pics) to
> use as the background.
>
> For effects, maybe we should snag that star wars effect or maybe get a
> green hologram one. How about a whitish ghost one? That would be
> great, but remember, these effects have to only effect the person. In
> Photobooth and iChat, you have to step out of the frame to get it
> right, but idk how to do that.
>
> We need some people who can do this to do this.
>
> We shouldn't be in photobooth and iChat's shadow trailing along, we
> should run up to them with effects kinda like theirs, then leap ahead
> with our own creativity and the speed of FOSS updates.

also definitely ;)

we have some great ideas for that and some great applications for summer
of code and im sure, that we all will see such effects in gnome 2.24

if you want to help us to accomplish this task, of course this is no
problem at all!

daniel