Re: Invoke "Quick Event" from external application via parameter or DBus?

To be honest I have shared the idea in the very moment it came to my mind, so I have not yet made my mind up about details.

I am not even sure if a return value is of necessity, especially for an early implementation. For me as a user a simple libnotify message with the event details would be sufficient for having a quick glance and checking if it has been interpreted correctly. It may contain an "Edit" button for opening the event editing dialog.

What do you think about that approach?

California uses EDS as storage backend, right? I have no knowledge in that field, but guess that EDS somehow indexes its data sets. Maybe a simple index to the resulting EDS entry would be fine, so developers can query EDS themselves, if they really need access to the underlying data.

Manu