Re: daily recurrence

On 26 Jan 2000, Björn Torkelsson wrote:

>         /* Also here, to ensure that the event is used, we add 86400 secs to get
>            get next day, in accordance to the RFC */
> Where in the RFC do I find why to add one day (or a lot of sec) to the
> event?

That code was added by me. The problem was, people reported that
end-on-date recurrences ended a day too early.

As I read the rfc for vcal/ical, end-on-date recurrence that eg. list
eod=19991224 means the event must occur also on this day (correct me if
I'm way off). All the examples on daily/monthly/etc recurrences I found
had this described in the explanation.

The problem afaic determine was the eod was stored eg. to 19991224T000000,
and if the event was timed to T140000, then since 140000 !< 000000, the
event at 2pm was not scheduled on the eod at 24/12. Therefore by adding
one day internally, the event was set to end on 19991225T000000, thereby
effectively making the event recur until midnight (yes, arguably this
should maybe by 19991224T235959)

> For events that are repeated daily to a specific enddate, I get the one
> day later then expected.

Is that with the current gnome-pim in cvs ? Because by removing the
+86400's, I get the opposite behaviour, that the event ends a day too
early.

/dev/eskil
---