gnomecard deleting properties

I've noticed a problem with deleting properties in gnome-pim-1.1.3.
Basically, I regularly enter the last name in the middle name field.  I
then can't delete this.

Lets step through:
- create new card.
- add first name, middle name
- apply/ok
- save.
- modify.
- delete middle name
- apply/ok
- save.

Now the middle name is gone for gnomecard, but still exists in the data
file on disk.  Restarting gnomecard gets that name back.

I've been looking at gnomecard_save(), card_save(), and libversit.
Basically, if the vcard contains data that gnomecard doesn't overwrite,
writeVObject() leaves the data in the file.  I've tested this by adding
other properties.

My question is: whose responsibility is this?  gnomecard's or
libversit's?  I've just thought of multiple applications accessing an
addressbook (gnomecard, and a mailer, for instance), so they shouldn't
delete each other.

--
Kind regards,
Berend

Berend De Schouwer, +27-11-712-1435, UCS