Re: GnomeCard conduit for gnome-pilot

Eskil Heyn Olsen writes:
 > On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Vadim Strizhevsky wrote:
 >
 > >  > Still, I am convinced that we want simpler CORBA interfaces.
 > > Are we looking at the same interface?  There are only 3 functions that
 > > I see:
 >
 > Are you talking about the same thing ? Miguel is talking about loosing the
 > vCard struct and using an interface like gnomecals. It transfers records
 > as strings (in vcal format) but has methods like get_object_by_pilot and
 > get_updated_objects.

 I see, just a bit of miscomunication, that's all. I kept on talking
about what was there right now in gnomecard idl. And, yes as I said in
other mail GnomeCal like interface is definately a way to go, or
perhaps even having the same one period. That's another reason why it
is not even worth trying to use the _current_ gnomecard idl interface.

 > This is true for gnomecal as well. There isn't any good solution to detect
 > a deleted item. and purge it from the palmpilot as well.

Bummer.

 > > ignored. I could do deletion by using a separate file, but that's
 > > ugly.
 >
 > Been there, do not walk that road...

I figured as much, and wasn't going to do it.

-Vadim