Re: Request for comments on UI change (resend)

>  The problem in this case, though, is that we want to do one thing
>  on click-and-hold and the other on double click.  So I need to
>  execute an action at point [1] (above), which means that I never
>  actually get to [2].

This can be nicely modeled as a state machine.  Your states are:

	1. Base state

	2. Waiting for popup

	3. Waiting for second click

	4. In the popup

Your state transitions are determined by button press and release
events, and by a timeout that gets installed when you are in the base
state and get a button press.

  Federico