Re: Potential to-do list enhancements

On Wed, 05 May 1999 03:35:06 MDT, "Clifford R . Conover" wrote:

>On Wed, 05 May 1999 00:27:06 Russell Steinthal wrote:

>> Offhand, the two things which I would most like to see would be
>> categories (and the ability to get filtered lists, such as "only
work
>> related") and priorities, so that the list would stay sorted.
>
>That seems doable.  Categories are defined in the vTodo specs upon
my last rea
>d of them.  I'm not sure what the categories really are, but I know
there shou
>ld be internal support for storing them in the file format/memory
structures.

Hmm... I assume the implemented format is per RFC 2445: "Internet
Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification (iCalendar)"?  I
downloaded it last night, but haven't had a chance to read beyond the
table of contents (which lists both categories and priorities).

>Miguel, Federico, do you have any ideas what categories we should
support?

Ideally, they would be user-definable.  I might want
school/computers/work, for example, whereas someone else might want
Project1/Project2/etc.

>> Of course, I have no idea if any of that is feasible, just that
it's
>> been on my wishlist for a long time, so I might as well give it a
>> shot. :)
>
>Well, I've been meaning to get back to the TODO list but I've had a
lot of oth
>er stuff to do.  i.e. finals, moving, getting a job.   :Luckily this
summer I
>will have time to do some of this stuff for the TODO List, along
with hopefull
>y helping with making gnomecal XML capable.

Do you want me to {defer to,coordinate with} you on changes, or
should I go ahead on my own?  (Not that that would be sooner than a
week or two from now anyway.  I too have finals and graduation to
worry about, and then I need to read the code to figure out how
gnomecal works. :))

-Russell
--
Russell Steinthal