Re: Potential to-do list enhancements

--
Clifford "Rusty" Conover	rconover@montana.edu
Computer Science Undergraduate, Montana State University - Bozeman
------ http://www.cs.montana.edu/~cconover ------

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Russell Steinthal wrote:

> On Wed, 05 May 1999 03:35:06 MDT, "Clifford R . Conover" wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 05 May 1999 00:27:06 Russell Steinthal wrote:
>
> >> Offhand, the two things which I would most like to see would be
> >> categories (and the ability to get filtered lists, such as "only
> work
> >> related") and priorities, so that the list would stay sorted.
> >
> >That seems doable.  Categories are defined in the vTodo specs upon
> my last rea
> >d of them.  I'm not sure what the categories really are, but I know
> there shou
> >ld be internal support for storing them in the file format/memory
> structures.
>
> Hmm... I assume the implemented format is per RFC 2445: "Internet
> Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification (iCalendar)"?  I
> downloaded it last night, but haven't had a chance to read beyond the
> table of contents (which lists both categories and priorities).

Yes, that is the standard that gnomecal is using.

> Do you want me to {defer to,coordinate with} you on changes, or
> should I go ahead on my own?

Yets coordinate so code dosen't get written twice.  Right now I'm mostly
interestedin in fitting gnomecal with a XML backend, so feel free to press
on with changes to the todo list.

Rusty Conover
RConover@montana.edu