Gnome Pilot 0.1.45 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------

   GnomePilot 0.1.45
     * Availability
          + Development code available from the Gnome CVS server, this
            release has tag GNOME_PILOT_0_1_45.
          + Also available from http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download
            in .tar.gz, i386.rpm and .srpm form.
     * New since last release
          + Improved and faster synchronization logic.
          + An Expense conduit.
          + More stable GUI tools (control-center and panel applets).
          + Gpilotd's conduit request mechanism works.
          + Conduit begin/end notification to clients.
          + An Expense CSV conduit.
     * Bug reporting
       I am especially interested in bug reports reg. getting the package
       up and running on a vanilla installation. This includes both bugs,
       and suggestions for making installation easier.
       If you encounter problems, please use bugs.gnome.org for bug
       reporting, and remember to include the following (if possible);
          + Output from gpilotd. Eg. if you have problems with a
            control-center applet, first do a killall -9 gpilotd, then
            run gnomecc from a terminal, and capture all the output.
          + Stack traces, after gpilotd coredumps, do a echo where | gdb
            `which gpilotd` core, grab the output and include in your bug
            report, this makes it so much easier for me to find the
            error.
          + Even better, use bug-buddy to report bugs after a coredump.
     * Stability
       I still wish to point out, that parts of the synchronization code
       is untested, since there still are no completely finished
       conduits. However, the logic required by the existing conduits
       (eg. the GnomeCalendar conduit) checks out ok.
     * Additional stuff
       The GnomeCalendar and GnomeCard conduit is included in CVS version
       of gnome-pim. The configure script of gnome-pim should notice and
       gnome-pilot installation and compile the calendar conduit.
       A conduit for synchronizing with a MAL server (see AvantGo or
       MobileLink) is available. The Download Dir contains a snapshot of
       the conduit. Will soon be rpm'ed.

/dev/eskil
---